Mga Pahina

Miyerkules, Setyembre 12, 2012

A Visit to Minerva Farm





As soon as I saw the photos of this restaurant on my friend’s wall page, I knew exactly what my next home visit would be.

Being based in Manila first for school and now for work, I have only limited opportunities to go home in the province. I usually do it on long weekends. Aside from the fare to consider, a seven-hour road trip, one-way, has to be given much thought.

Thus, I make it a point that every trip back home counts.

Minerva Farm is located in Sinsayon, Santiago City, Isabela, an hour and a half drive from my hometown, Solano, passing the province of Quirino.



I initially intended to visit the place with a friend, but my siblings wanted to tag along, and to the very last minute, my parents joined in.

From a supposedly date with a friend, it became a one big family affair.

As what was instructed by the restaurant owner Dr. Minerva Maylem, we turned left through the narrow road after the “Welcome to Santiago” arch and followed the directions to the Wilmer’s Resort, a known spot in Santiago City. After passing a bridge, we turned right, and in less than no time, reached Minerva Farm.

Minerva Farm has both a spa and a restaurant. Minerva’s Our Garden Spa offers different kinds of massage service for a minimum rate of Php350. The ambience of is so relaxing with the creatively-designed massage house complementing the mellow music being played.



Their restaurant called Café Vida is located at the left side fronting the spa. The first thing you would notice about is its structural design. The style is unique and modern. It’s a 3-storey restaurant made up mostly   with wood.




It was near 12nn when we arrived but it seemed that we were early, even if based on the website they open at around 10am during weekdays.

The staffs looked surprised, even, of our visit. In fact, I had to search for them inside the farm and asked if there could be someone to cook and serve us food. Our stomachs started to mumble. Staff turned gazes with each other. Our stomachs started to rumble.

We were told to wait for their cook. And so we stayed in the restaurant. But almost an hour later, there was still no cook around.

I went to ask the staff to what time we could possibly eat. The staff said their restaurant opens at 3pm, their spa earlier. I protested; first because, the website says Minerva Farm Our Garden Spa and Café Vida opens at 10am and closes at 9pm from Monday to Saturday, and 1pm-9pm during Sunday; second, if I am the owner and I offer both restaurant and spa, I would open them at the same time or I would open the restaurant first before the spa and third, they have room accommodations and for overnight stay they offer breakfast, now who would they expect to cook for their guests? What’s this self-service?
We left the restaurant dismayed, and with stomachs complaining.

Nonetheless, if you are on the way to the North or just around the area, I still encourage you to visit Minerva Farm, just make sure you have them informed of your planned visit. It would be better to come at night to see their well-lighted farm.

I felt a little guilty to my family and friends. This was all my idea. They assumed, we assumed, that this would all be a great fun experience, but it failed, I failed. Good thing my family has a good share of patience and optimism, this misfortune led us to another restaurant my family had been long wanting to try, Gaddis Restaurant in Quirino.

Having the family that I have, I know no matter what the circumstances be, I got their backs. And this is the main reason why my every trip back home counts.

  
Minerva Farm
Sinsayon, Santiago City
+63-916-478-6698
+63-919-558-9556

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento